[Samba] Can't see Printers in Printerassistent

Stefan.Iven at voessing.de Stefan.Iven at voessing.de
Thu Nov 6 10:53:29 GMT 2003

Hello together,

i use samba3 as PDC with LDAP. Everything works fine.
I can browse the network over networkneighborhood  and there
i can see all shares and printers.
But if i go to the controlpanel of a ms-client (NTsp6a or W2k sp4), go to
printers, new printers,
choos networkprinters,click next button I can't see the printers. Also I
can't see my
samba server.

First I thought that there is somthing wrong with my netbios and TCP/IP
settings.
But I'm not able to find wrong settings.

The Clients and Samba is using the same subnet : 192.168.135.0
/255.255.255.0
Samba is configured with wins support and as masterbrowser.
Clients are using sambaserver as winsserver.
Pings on the netbiosname of the sambaserver works.

Befor samba3 i used samba2.2.8 and there it worked.
I use suse linux 8.0.

Has someone an idear what this could be??

Thanks a lott!!