[Samba] Samba permissions..

Dirk Broodryk dirkb at lesaka.biz
Thu Nov 6 09:49:16 GMT 2003

Hi all..

I realy hope someone can help.. I am at the verge of jumping...

I am running samba 2.2.7a on 9.1 p4 2400

The logons work fine .. and all shares work fine..

Mainly I have two problems.. and it doesn't matter what I do.. I can't get it fixed..
Mangement is at to point of discarding the samba server and going back to NT wich I am trying to stop..
So please.. any help or ideas will be helpfull.. and this is realy urgent..

Problem one.. I am running a multi user system on one share.. The system utalizes ISAM type files. so you have alot of sharing and locking going on.. On NT this works fine.. on samba I am getting alot of locking errors... From stuf like "unable to log transacion" to "the file you are trying to access is corrupted" but if I test the files they all are ok..
The only thing that I can thik is that it is to do with file locking or permissions... I don't know any more..

The othe problem I have is that when I login to the network as me and I change a record on the same system.. it works..
If one of our capturing people do the same record it fails.. without any errors.. just as if it never happend... the audit trail is uppdated to and states that the transaction was complete..

So.. if anyone have any Ideas.. please.. it will be appreciated..

Kind regards...

Dirk Broodryk