[Samba] NT4 PDC, domain admin group on samba file server

Laurent, Philippe PLaurent at Wabtec.com
Wed Nov 5 19:36:15 GMT 2003

Guess I'm a bit dense here.

No problems with Winbind working with Samba 3.0, 'getent' and 'net groupmap
list' all reveal good stuff. I'm able to use user and group names just fine
in the shares, given that the group names don't have spaces in them.

How in the world do I get the groupmapped name of 'domadmin' to work as an
alias of 'Domain Admins'? That problem is not nearly as bad as how I'll get
the 'domusers' to work as the alias of 'Domain Users'. Lots more people
there. I tried @domadmin on the share definition, but no success.

Many Thanks in advance for your patience.

***** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE *****
The content contained in this e-mail transmission is legally privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named herein. If the reader of this transmission is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this transmission is strictly prohibited.