[Samba] Migrating from Samba2.2.8a+LDAP+PDC to Samba3+ldapsam

Sebastián Abate abates at telcomsistemas.com.ar
Wed Nov 5 19:22:20 GMT 2003

Hi, and thanks in advance for your support (sorry my english)
Is there any documentation for migrating Samba 2.2 with LDAP and PDC
suport to Samba3 with PDC and LDAPSAM?
I try to explain the situation:
Only one server running Mandrake 9.2 + Samba 2.2.8a with ldap support
(from precompiled contrib); and I wish to migrate to Samba3+LDAPSAM. My
real problem is that I must use ldap because I also use ldap for unix
authentication (can that be done with tdbsam and pam?). I read the samba
howto collection, but i dont find any help. The solution must preserve
machines trust accounts and sids.

Sebastián Abate
Telcom Sistemas
Tel. 4383-1937