[Samba] 3.0.1pre1 PDC and Win2K joining Domain

Mark mark at co.robeson.nc.us
Wed Nov 5 16:29:42 GMT 2003

Hi All-

When I tried to join a Windows 2K workstation to my Samba 3.0 + LDAP
PDC, I was getting the error: 'No mapping between account names and
security IDs was done'.

After scouring the mailing list, I found out that I wasn't the only one
with the problem, but it seems like nobody ever got an answer (publicly,
at least).  With all the configuration changes and tweaks to my server,
somehow, somewhere along the line the domain SID got changed (or I never
set it in the smbldap_conf.pm, a more likely scenario).  In any case,
once I discovered the error, I went through and changed the user and
group SID to match the domain SID (from net getlocalsid).  That done, I
tried once again to join my 2K workstation to the domain and met with
success!

So, if you're (still) getting that error, check your SIDs.

Thanks to everyone who asks the questions, and more thanks to those who
provide answers.

Hope this helps someone,

Mark