FW: [Samba] MSCHAPv2 microsoft client/linux/Active Directory

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Nov 4 22:32:40 GMT 2003

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 08:04:07AM -0700, Ron Wahler wrote:

> The authentication request comes in over RADIUS to the linux box.
> I then need a way to authenticate to Active Directory with MS-CHAPv2
> Passwords.
> I currently use LDAP binds to authenticate the user, but that does not
> Work with MS-CHAPv2.

Your options are to either use the MS RADIUS server (IAS I think it is
called) or to help create a plugin from FreeRADIUS that calls
ntlm_auth.  I don't think it could be really that hard...

I want to see this work, so if there is any help I can provide (in
particular on how to use ntlm_auth) then just yell.  The same applied
to any FreeRADIUS developers you manage to rope into this :-)

Andrew Bartlett