[Samba] Solaris, Samba-3.0.1pre1 Compile error

Jeff Gardiner gardiner at imaging.robarts.ca
Tue Nov 4 21:37:47 GMT 2003

Hello all, I currently run Samba 3.0 on a Solaris 9 machine in a production
environment.  I'm happy with it.

I tried compiling samba-3.0.1pre1 using ./configure --with-ldap=no.

However when it gets to linking bin/tdbbackup it fails.  This is the error it
gives:

Using FLAGS =  -O -I./popt -Iinclude
-I/scratch/build/samba-3.0.1pre1/source/include
-I/scratch/build/samba-3.0.1pre1/source/ubiqx
-I/scratch/build/samba-3.0.1pre1/source/smbwrapper  -I. -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/scratch/build/samba-3.0.1pre1/source
      LIBS = -lsendfile -lsec -lgen -lresolv -lsocket -lnsl -ldl
      LDSHFLAGS = -G  -R/usr/lib
      LDFLAGS = -R/usr/lib
Linking bin/tdbbackup
smb_snprintf                        tdb/tdbback.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to bin/tdbbackup
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bin/tdbbackup] Error 1

I've made clean a number of times to ensure it wasn't a dirty build.  Can
anyone provide any clue.  I can post smb.conf info if need be, but I don't
think that influences the build.

Cheers
Jeff

--
Jeff Gardiner [ gardiner at imaging.robarts.ca ]
Robarts Research Institute - London ON, Canada

       ~~~~~~~
        -- Henry Spencer
~~~~~~