[Samba] Samba and private shares

Thron Havens thavens at minkagroup.net
Tue Nov 4 19:53:20 GMT 2003

I know what everyone is busy and there are a lot of requests here but can
someone give me any ideas why I can't get private shares to work? Right now
I get prompted with a logon and password but I cannot connect. Under my
share config I have used "user(s) = user-name" valid users = user-name" and
"username = user-name" None of them will let me in.

I'm running samba 2.5 on a FreeBSD box using winbind to do authentication
with my PDC/BDC and I'm able to configure global shares that everyone on the
NT network can access.

SMB.conf

workgroup = domain-name

netbios name = comp-name

server string = comp-name

security = domain

log file = /var/log/sambalog.%m

encrypt passwords = yes

local master = no

os level = 0

domain master = no

preferred master = no

wins support = no

wins server = 0.0.0.0

wins proxy = no

dns proxy = no

log level = 3

max log size = 100000000

load printers = no

winbind uid = 10000-20000

winbind gid = 10000-20000

winbind enum users = yes

winbind enum groups = yes

winbind separator = .

winbind use default domain = yes

template homedir = /usr/share/%U

template shell = /bin/false

password server = *

name resolve order = hosts lmhosts wins bcast

nt acl support = yes

[share]

comment = temporary file space

path = path

browsable = yes

read only = no

public = yes

printable = no

writeable = yes

[temp]

comment = another share

path = /usr/report

username = user-name

browsable = yes

read only = no

#public = yes

printable = no

writeable = yes

Pam.conf

auth                  required            pam_nologin.so
no_warn

auth                  sufficient           pam_winbind.so

auth                  sufficient           pam_opie.so
no_warn no_fake_prompts

auth                  requisite            pam_opieaccess.so        no_warn
allow_local

#auth                sufficient           pam_krb5.so
no_warn try_first_pass

#auth                sufficient           pam_ssh.so
no_warn try_first_pass

auth                  required            pam_unix.so
no_warn try_first_pass

# account

#account           required            pam_krb5.so

account             sufficient           pam_winbind.so

account             required            pam_unix.so

# session

#session           optional pam_ssh.so

session              required            pam_permit.so

# password

password          required            pam_permit.so

Thanks

Thron