[Samba] MS Word unable to sense file opening by other users

Leonardo Boselli leo at dicea.unifi.it
Tue Nov 4 18:42:25 GMT 2003

I observed this behaviour with frontpage.
In that case frontpage refused to create new files ...
since most of pages created with that program are faulty, i conidered this
bug an useful feature, since forced two people that used frontpage and
complained that their pages were slow to load and did not appeared
consistently on every computer to switch to a different page-editor.
BTW: i think the problem arise from the fact that some exdended
attributed present under windows are not present on *ix standard file
sistem.

Il 4 Nov 2003 alle 20:32 Vladuta Cristian immise in rete