SV: [Samba] Samba-Citrix compatability

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Tue Nov 4 16:30:24 GMT 2003

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 perkjetil.grotnes at pbe.oslo.kommune.no wrote:

> From: John H Terpstra [mailto:jht at samba.org]
> > > I have searched for some FAQ/HOWTO regarding Citrix/Metaframe to no
> > > avail.  (Like this one
> > > http://samba.org/~jht/HOWTO/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf )
> > > What I would like to see in such a FAQ/HOWTO:
> > Are you willing to help write this? You too can make a
> > difference you know!
>
> Hehe. Hi John. I knew you would pop in here sooner or later.  I am sure
> you have a default text you paste in for us silly enough to stick our
> nose out.  ;-)  Jokes aside.  Yes, I could attempt to help with this as
> I told Andrew earlier.

Your posting was too tempting to leave it alone. :)

> > > All these issues, and probably more, I feel are related to
> > > Citrix/metaframe vs. Samba.  If I am wrong and somewhere there is a
> > > FAQ regarding this then all the better.  Just need to find
> > Information like this gets documented when someone with your
> > kind of passion writes some basic guidelines and contributes
> > it to the HOWTO. Please do not leave this to others, while
> > the needs are fresh in your mind please write a few
> > paragraphs on each and send them to me for inclusion.
>
> We do not have any _current_ need of a HOWTO.  What I registred was a
> user question and an answer from one of the samba-team that I had seen
> before (with some additional info about dns-proxy that I had not seen
> before and still wonder about).

Please document your thoughts. Send them in, ask others to help flesh it
out. None of us knows enough, but by working together we can produce good
information for our users.

> Thus I see that there is a need for such a Citrix-HOWTO, and I would
> have offered my services earlier if I felt confident that i could
> contribute to this document.  As I said earlier - we have a running
> environment and its been awhile since i tweaked it.  I am probably not
> the best to deliver such info, but I might do an attempt.

If you have the passion to write something that is much better than a
competent expert who writes nothing.

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra