[Samba] ACL + sticky bit

rmi rmi at open-challenge.nl
Tue Nov 4 15:05:28 GMT 2003

Lo folks,

I got a little question. Ive set up samba 3.0.0 + RH 8. And since ACL within samba only works on share niveau i wanted to implement POSIX ACL.
I was thinking what is the difference between "full" access and "change" on a NT4 server. As far as i could think the difference is that "full" acces can delete a file and "change" can only change it. So i need the sticky bit set on groups within ACL.
So does any1 know if this command will do the trick?

setfacl -m d:g:group:rwt ./dir

cause sticky bit is usually set on user level and directory level, afaik. Or is there an other way to accomplish that?

Thx in advance

grtz

rmi