SV: [Samba] Samba-Citrix compatability

perkjetil.grotnes at pbe.oslo.kommune.no perkjetil.grotnes at pbe.oslo.kommune.no
Tue Nov 4 15:02:50 GMT 2003

>Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > On each of our Citrix servers we can have up to 100 users all
> > connecting to 10 shares on the samba server = 1000 connections
> > 'services' for that one citrix server?
> I know all this. Now all I need is for you to write it up in
> bugzilla.samba.org so we can remmember to get it fixed.

Yes, well.  I got carried away.  And when people now search the
mailinglist they might get a thread-hit on Citrix issues here. ;-)

I have posted a 'bug' report: #716.  Tried to follow the guidelines for
filling it in.  Hopefully it is acceptable.

> > In most other environments other than Citrix this would not be a
> > problem (ie w2k workstation clients).
> You would be surprised.  Even with non-citrix setups, we get
> multiple %U mappings, and all the resultant fun.

Even single client environments which probably 95% of the usage versus
Samba is in the rest of the world?  It definitely is a problem for
Metaframe users.

> > changelog for 2.2.8 we could not find any related fixes to Citrix
> > problems.
> The main issue is the security fixes.  But can you write down
> what you have learnt?

You mean as a chapter on Citrix Metaframe for us Samba users?  Some of
the issues I listed are from the mailinglist (which do not directly
consern our current setup) and others we just did to solve a problem and
not to solve the cause of the problem.  But I might attempt to write
something about the problems that we have worked through yes.

Per Kjetil Grotnes