[Samba] will someone help me please

Jarrell Jackson jarrelljackson at cox.net
Tue Nov 4 13:58:30 GMT 2003

I have not gotten any help what-so-ever and would really like to get some...sometime soon! Thank you! As i stated before...I want someone to walk me through setting up windows to access my samba server which is at a remote location. the samba version on the remote server is 2.2.8a and the version of windows im currently using is windows 2000 professional. every time I try to connect to by doing \\domain\test\ (replacing domain with my domain name) or \\ip.address\test\ (replacing ip.address with the IP to the machine) I get the error "network path not found". that is the problem that im having and im sure someone out there had this same problem before. All I want is a little help. Thats all....not much to it...because im sure there is nothing wrong on my server side. (My ISP as well as Tech Support got through pretty well.) I appreciate it if someone replies or emails me directly. Thanks alot!

Jarrell T. Jackson, Professional
jarrelljackson at cox.net
http://members.cox.net/jarrelljackson/