[Samba] cupsaddsmb error message

Ketil Rasmussen ketil.rasmussen at broadpark.no
Tue Nov 4 13:20:40 GMT 2003

Hi. Im trying to get cups-printing to work on samba 3.0 - RH9.  We are
having NT WTS Metaframe servers as the "client"

But when running command  cupsaddsmb -U root -a -v   i get the following
error:  Warning: No PPD file for printer "printername"  - skipping!

I have copied over theese files to \usr\share\cups\drivers  before
running the command
         [Windows NT, 2000, and XP]
            cups.hlp
            cupsdrvr.dll
            cupsui.dll

[Windows NT, 2000, and XP]
            ADOBEPS5.DLL
            ADOBEPSU.DLL
            ADOBEPSU.HLP
I have the following cups settings in smb.conf :
[Global]

         load printers = yes
         printing = cups
         printcap name = cups
      [printers]
         comment = All Printers
         path = /var/spool/samba
         public = Yes
         guest ok = Yes
         writeable = no
         printable = Yes
         browseable = no
        printer admin = root
[print$]
         comment = Printer Drivers
         path = /usr/local/samba/drivers
         guest ok = yes
         browseable = yes
         read only = yes
         write list = root
         ; if this share is configured as read only, then we need
         ; a 'write list'.  Check the file system permissions to make
         ; sure this account can copy files to the share.  If this
         ; is setup to a non-root account, then it should also exist
         ; as a 'printer admin'
         write list = @ntadmin,root

Any tips on what to look for would have been great...
Thanks
Ketil