[Samba] samba 3.0 logon problem

Sean Cook scook at kinex.net
Tue Nov 4 13:05:01 GMT 2003

I have 3.0 working with win98/95 clients.  And win2k/XP clients are able
to join the domain.  However when the win2k/XP clients try to logon the
get "Username or password incorrect".  My reading indicates that this is
a sign/schannel issue, but I have edited the registry and force no
signing and still no luck.  Any suggestions?

# This is the main Samba configuration file. You should read the
# smb.conf(5) manual page in order to understand the options listed
# here. Samba has a huge number of configurable options (perhaps too
# many!) most of which are not shown in this example
#
# Any line which starts with a ; (semi-colon) or a # (hash)
# is a comment and is ignored. In this example we will use a #
# for commentry and a ; for parts of the config file that you
# may wish to enable
#
# NOTE: Whenever you modify this file you should run the command
"testparm"
# to check that you have not made any basic syntactic errors.
#
#======================= Global Settings
=====================================
[global]

   netbios name = BASTILLE
   workgroup = SCH-FARMVILLE
   passdb backend = "ldapsam:ldap://localhost"
   ldap admin dn = "cn=Manager,dc=sch-farmville,dc=ORG"
   ldap delete dn = no
   ldap passwd sync = yes
   ldap user suffix = ou=People
   ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
   ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers
   ldap suffix = dc=sch-farmville,dc=org
   #ldap filter = (&(uid=%u)(objectclass=sambaSamAccount))
   wins support = no
   wins server = 128.1.9.1
   interfaces = eth0 lo
   bind interfaces only = yes

   os level = 100
   preferred master = yes
   domain master = yes
   local master = yes
   security = user
   domain logons = yes
   dns proxy = no

   add machine script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -w %u
   add user script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -m -d /dev/null
-g 201 -s /bin/false %u
   #add user script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -w %u
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes
   log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
   max log size = 50

   encrypt passwords = yes

[homes]
    comment = Home Directories
    browseable = no
    writable = yes

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/samba
   browseable = no
   guest ok = no
   writable = no
   printable = yes

[netlogon]
  comment = Network Logon Service
  path = /home/netlogon
  guest ok = yes
  writable = no
  share modes = no

# Un-comment the following to provide a specific roving profile share
# the default is to use the user's home directory
#[Profiles]
#    path = /home/
#    browseable = no
#    guest ok = yes