[Samba] Samba-3.0.1pre1 and LDAP

mamue at lb-bbs1.emd.ni.schule.de mamue at lb-bbs1.emd.ni.schule.de
Tue Nov 4 09:18:54 GMT 2003

Hi,

from my experience, there are few possible reaseons, but none relates to
samba.
1.: Check (loglevel 256 in slapd.conf) the search filters. Try to manually
"ldapsearch" those to make really sure you have all necessary attributes
indexed. If you think you have indexed them, but search is slow, try
rebuilding the indices (slapindex). Don't make the same mistake i did and
use the correct version of slapindex if you compiled your own.
2.: The use of "valid users = @foo, @bah ..." in smb.conf is nearly always
not clever.
3.: you might want to try nscd to cache groups and user.
4.: Old OpenLDAP versions are IMHO slow (2.0.x), try 2.1

Have fun,
Malte Mueller