SV: [Samba] Samba-Citrix compatability

perkjetil.grotnes at pbe.oslo.kommune.no perkjetil.grotnes at pbe.oslo.kommune.no
Tue Nov 4 09:11:00 GMT 2003

I have searched for some FAQ/HOWTO regarding Citrix/Metaframe to no
avail.  (Like this one
http://samba.org/~jht/HOWTO/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf )

What I would like to see in such a FAQ/HOWTO:

- Compilation issues regarding Citrix/metaframe
- - ie the need to increase the MAX_CONNECTION setting before
compilation
- - ie how to compile samba to a 64 bit application to get more
available file descriptors (problem for solaris)
- the need to tweak the /etc/system settings (ie "set rlim_fd_max =
<number>")
- oplocks settings in smb.conf
- the single smbd process issue and workaround(s) (wins and
DNS-proxy/netbios names?)
- the home-share issue and problem

All these issues, and probably more, I feel are related to
Citrix/metaframe vs. Samba.  If I am wrong and somewhere there is a FAQ
regarding this then all the better.  Just need to find it. ;-)  If not
then it is most neeeded.

And Samba4?  What is this? :-) Due 2005?

Kind regards
Per Kjetil Grotnes
Some governmental department in Norway