[Samba] Db3 data base is only availible to a single user at a time.

John webtalk at starwon.com.au
Tue Nov 4 07:22:04 GMT 2003

Hello,

Having discovered the speed of SAMBA as a file share server  I migrated
our Db3 contact database (ACT) to a file share which is readable and
writeable by all users. Only to discover that only one user could access
it at a time. When a second user tries to use it the following error
occurs. "An error occured when opening the database. It may be damaged
or missing a component" The error is not linked to any particular user
or client PC. I have disabled oplocks which has made no difference.

I am using SAMBA 2.2.7 on Mandrake 9.1  with a Win2k PDC and Win2k
clients. The only problem I am having is with multi user access to the
same files.

If any one can help I would be grateful.

Thank you

John Tindale
WebTalk Computer Solutions
 <mailto:webtalk at starwon.com.au> webtalk at starwon.com.au