[Samba] xp machines and samab 2.2.8a problem

Linda Normann lindanormann at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 21:20:05 GMT 2003

I am running Samba 2.2.8a on solaris 5.7 machines.

I have had 2 subnet working just fine for years.

I'm trying to add a 3rd subnet.

I am having a problem with my XP machines on a third subnet.

I have changed the registry so:

requiresignorseal = 0

and

requiresecurechannel = 0

and rebooted.

and

Enable NetBIOS over TCPIP is set.

I have two XP machines one with NETBEUI install and one without NETBEUI

installed

the one with NETBEUI installed can onyt see machines with NETBEUI install in

the network places (no samba servers)

and the XP machine without NETBEUI installed gets the following error when

trying to enter the domain:

"Mydomain is not accessiable. You might not have permission to use this

netowkr resource. Contact the administrator of

this server to find out if you have permissions.

The account is not authorized to log in from this station."

There is a 2000 machine running just fine on this subnet.

SAMBA SERVERS:

1st Machine): SOL001

here's the smb.conf of the domain master browse (wins server) -

192.9.200.252

[global]

log file = /tmp/samba/log

lock directory = /tmp/samba

workgroup = MYDOMAIN

local master = yes

domain master = yes

preferred master = yes

os level = 75

wins support = yes

security = USER

[homes]

browseable = no

writable = yes

[tmp]

path = /usr/local/tmp

writable = yes

read only = no

2nd Machine): SOL002

Here is the smb.conf of the subnet machine - 192.9.220.103

(This samba server is working fine)

[global]

log file = /tmp/samba/log

lock directory = /tmp/samba/lock

workgroup = MYDOMAIN

local master = yes

domain master = no

preferred master = yes

wins server = 192.9.200.252

os level = 50

security = USER

[homes]

browseable = yes

writeable = yes

read only = no

[tmp3]

path = /usr/local/tmp3

writable = yes

read only = no

3rd Machine): SOL003

Here's the smb.con of the new subnet machine - 192.9.206.12

(this is the samba server I am having problems with the XP machines)

[global]

log file = /tmp/samba/log

lock directory = /tmp/samba/lock

workgroup = MYDOMAIN