[Samba] Samba new server in existing domain/sever

Guess Logi unix_script at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 18:31:36 GMT 2003

Sirs,

I have Linux Samba Server with following "global" smb.conf file.
This server is acting as PDC with CAT domain name. We have window 2000 PC's connect to this server. We had changed some registry for win2000 PC so it can join the domain CAT. I believe that was required.

Now, my question is, can I set up new Linux Samba Serve even though I have one server acting as domain?

What are necessary changes I need to make on following smb.conf file?

My initial goal is to test new sever with one of win2000 PC which already exist in CAT domain. If I can't test within domain, what are steps I need to follow to change domain/workgroup on PC?

What are minimum parameters I can use just for testing purpose from below smb.conf?
If I need to change workgroup/domain name, do I also need to change registry back to as it was before  (we have changed registry so pc can join CAT domain)?

Here is my main smb.conf for CAT server. (share is not listed here)

Thanks in advance for you help….

smaba 2.2.8a on linux 8.0
[global]
netbios name  = samba