[Samba] Connections to Samba server left open?

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Mon Nov 3 15:36:34 GMT 2003

I've noticed that in the output of 'w' (I use wtmp/utmp support), numerous
Samba connections are left open that are more likely not still in use
(even late at night when there are no users around, there will be upwards
of 20 connections). Killing the processes makes these entries go away, so
it is apparent that it is not just utmp/wtmp not clearing entries
properly. Is there any reason why these connections would remain open, and
anything I can do about them?
|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  |  | Ryan Novosielski - Jr. UNIX Systems Admin
|$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _|  | novosirj at umdnj.edu - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent. | IST/ACS - NJMS Medical Science Bldg - C630