[Samba] Windows client can't connect to samba

Nirina Michel nmcratoandromanana at yahoo.fr
Mon Nov 3 14:07:41 GMT 2003

Hi everyone,
I've just installed a std samba server 2.2.7 on RH9.
The name can be mapped in the "network neighborhood"
however the windows clients can't browse the server.
In fact, we have a PDC running on a Win NT Server 4.0
sp6 and I want the clients to be authenticated through
that domain server. Here is a snippet of my smb.conf :
----
workgroup = TNR
server string = Samba Linux Server
security = server
password server = PDC.TNR
encrypt passwords = yes
----
also I commented out the lines about smbpasswd and
password options.

In other hand, the samba client work fine and can
easily mount shares.

TYA.