[Samba] Samba Error messages

ncarty at horizon-hg.org.uk ncarty at horizon-hg.org.uk
Mon Nov 3 13:33:03 GMT 2003

Hi,

Can you help me.....I have downloaded the latest version of samba 3.0.0.
After having followed the instructions to configure & compile etc  I am
getting the following error message when I run   the command   smbstatus.

smbstatus

Error trying to resolve symbol 'init_module' in
/usr/local/samba/lib/charset/CP850.so: ld.so.1: smbstatus: fatal:
/usr/local/samba/lib/charset/
ISO8859-15.so: open failed: No such file or directory
Conversion from UCS-2LE to CP850 not supported
Error trying to resolve symbol 'init_module' in
/usr/local/samba/lib/charset/CP850.so: ld.so.1: smbstatus: fatal:
/usr/local/samba/lib/charset/
ISO8859-15.so: open failed: No such file or directory
Conversion from UTF8 to CP850 not supported
Error trying to resolve symbol 'init_module' in
/usr/local/samba/lib/charset/CP850.so: ld.so.1: smbstatus: fatal:
/usr/local/samba/lib/charset/
ISO8859-15.so: open failed: No such file or directory
Conversion from ASCII to CP850 not supported
Error trying to resolve symbol 'init_module' in
/usr/local/samba/lib/charset/CP850.so: ld.so.1: smbstatus: fatal:
/usr/local/samba/lib/charset/
ISO8859-15.so: open failed: No such file or directory
Conversion from CP850 to UCS-2LE not supported
Unknown parameter encountered: "printer driver file"
Ignoring unknown parameter "printer driver file"
Processing section "[Home]"
sessionid.tdb not initialised
/usr/local/samba/var/locks/connections.tdb not initialised
This is normal if an SMB client has never connected to your server.
Failed to open byte range locking database
ERROR: Failed to initialise locking database
Can't initialise locking module - exiting

Horizon Housing Group Ltd
SLFHA Ltd
Rother Homes Ltd
Southern Horizon Housing Ltd
Crystal Palace Housing Association Ltd

are addressed.

Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use of,
or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited.

If you have received this email in error, please notify
the sender or the Group's IS Operations Manager.

Tel: (+44) 0208 768-2050
Horizon Housing Group Web Addresses:
www.horizon-hg.org.uk
www.slfha.org.uk