[Samba] RV: Help: Remote procedure call error

Lorenzo Noguera Arcos lorenzo.noguera at teamvision.es
Mon Nov 3 13:07:42 GMT 2003

Hello List,

I'm running samba 3.0.0 on solaris 7. And I'm having an strange problem.

When I try to connect to a share on my server I receive the following error
message:

System error 1728 has occurred.

A remote procedure call (RPC) protocol error occurred.

I get this message with the net view <servername> as well with a doubleclick
on the Server in the network neighborhood.
But I still can access the mounted shares??!!
I already had a look into the logfiles but I can't see any errors in there.

Did anybody see this before? Or what can I do to debug this.

Please let me know

Thanks very much.
Loren