[Samba] Re: Joining smb server as a BDC for NT domain

Jamrock news_jamrock at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 12:53:25 GMT 2003

"Lohan Spies" <l.spies at petzetakis.co.za> wrote in message
news:!~!UENERkVCMDkAAQACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABgAAAAAAAAAHvCSmpkyA0+lP5YKpr7djsKAAAAQAAAATkTraxTx10OEZPkXuVx4uAEAAAAA at petzetakis-africa.co.za...
> Hi all,
>
> Currently i have a PDC and BDC NT Domain servers!
>
> I need to setup a smb server as another BDC for the domain.
>
> how will i go about to setup the smb server as a secondary BDC for the
> nt domain?

It is not possible to use a Samba server as a BDC for a    NT server.  It is
not possible to use a Samba server as a domain controller in a Windows 2000
domain.

However you can use a Samba server as a BDC for another Samba server if you
use LDAP  as the user information backend.  You can also use a Samba server
as a member server in a NT  or Windows 2000 domain.