[Samba] Samba is not identifying a print service on win 2000 client

rajugv at ingvysyabank.com rajugv at ingvysyabank.com
Sun Nov 2 17:01:39 GMT 2003

Hai All,

We have WIN NT machine and Win 2000 as its client.
The Win 2000 client is having a printer attached to it and that printer is
configured as network printer on WIN NT machine.

We are unable to print from a remote AIX machine on to the printer connected
to WIN NT Machine from AIX host.
The smbclient -L <WIN NT Address> -U <username> is not identifying the
print service.

If we are having a win 98 machine connected to win nt server and if printer
attached to win 98 machine
it is working fine.

Please solve this issue............

I am new to samba.