[Samba] error message after long connect with windows client(s)

rruegner robowarp at gmx.de
Sun Nov 2 20:40:43 GMT 2003

Hi, for the first ,update samba to version 3, then retry
but i guess that some open connects stay and  cause samba to crash
restarting the daemon should be enough.( have you tried it?)
cause there is no version samba 2.2 ( you mean 2.2.8a? ) i dont know if your
version is that old
that it may have a bug with win xp.
samba 3 should solve the problem but also check if you have software which
is buggy to the servers files.
maybe other deamons work on your samba shares and lock files.
Check your samba and syslogs
Best Regards