[Samba] File Permission Question

Philip Bubel philip at bubel.com
Sun Nov 2 20:32:15 GMT 2003

Okay so I set create mode = 0665, but I'm still having ownership problems.
If I (pbubel) create a new file, I'm listed as the owner for both user and
group.  I need the group to be set to the group that has permission to the
share, so that other users can edit my files.  Any thoughts?  Thanks all.

What new files look like now

-rw-rw-r--    1  pbubel   pbubel          0 Nov  2 15:29 test.txt

What they need to look like

-rw-rw-r--    1 pbubel   software          0 Nov  2 15:29 test.txt