[Samba] Samba 3.0 PDC and Group Listing on Samba Winbind Box

T'Krin tkrin at tkrin.net
Sun Nov 2 03:09:37 GMT 2003

Hello there all.

I setup a Samba 3.0 PDC using smbpasswd for authentication on a Mandrake 9.1
system.  (I will be looking at LDAP later.)  I have also setup another linux box
to use winbind and get user and group listings from the Samba PDC.  My problem
is that no groups from the PDC get listed on the winbind box.  I assume it has
something to do with how groups are created and managed on a MS server, but I
lack that detailed knowledge.  Is there a way to create groups on the PDC so
they show up via wbinfo -u or getent group on the winbind box?  I have an exact
duplate of the winbind config running on a system in a MS server environment and
groups get listed just fine, so I thinking nothing is wrong w/ my config.

Thanks for your help.

~T

---
   No one makes statues honoring critics.