[Samba] Not reading quota under 3.0.0

Romy Perez Moreno linux at fenix.uam.mx
Sun Nov 2 02:34:51 GMT 2003

Hi,

I'm using samba 3.0.0 under redhat 9.0. Quota is assinged to user but they
can't see their used space on windows explorer. The used space reported is
only 8.0k, no matter what they have in ther home.

I used the samba rpm downloaded from samba site. For a smbd -b command i
get this (extract):

 --with Options:
   WITH_ADS
   WITH_PAM
   WITH_QUOTAS
   WITH_SENDFILE
   WITH_SMBMOUNT
   WITH_SYSLOG
   WITH_UTMP
   WITH_WINBIND

so I undestand that quotas are enabled. Do I have to do something else?
Before 3.0.0 I was under 2.2.2 (RH 7.3) and the quotas worked fine. I'll
try to rebuild samba, buy any idea from the forum?

Thanks for any help.

--
Ing. Romy Perez Moreno
e-mail: romy at fenix.uam.mx, romy at correo.azc.uam.mx