[Samba] After Samba Update, WinXP won't connect.....

Mark Salazar isprofession at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 1 19:30:34 GMT 2003

Hi,
  We are currently using RH 7.3 and utilized the
Up2date feature to update Samba.  We currently do not
have an in-house IT Dept and we are hoping that
someone has experienced something similar who might
have a cure. Well, low and behold, after the Samba
upgrade, the WinXP boxes no longer find the path to
the Samba shares.  We are not using a Windows Server.
Simply an RH 7.3 as a file server and router.

The error message from the XP boxes read as follows
with a red X on the Network Drives in the WinXP boxes:
"An error occurred while reconnecting H: to
\\AMH-Solutions\mark Microsoft Windows Network : The
Network path was not found.  This connection has not
been restored."

Has someone experienced this similar connectivity
issue who might be able to provide a resolution?  The
Samba server is still pingable.  Thank you for you help