[Samba] profile migration - resend

Romy Perez Moreno linux at fenix.uam.mx
Sat Nov 1 07:49:52 GMT 2003

Hi,

When ever I had upgraded my samba (since 2.0 up to 3.0.0) the old profiles
had to be sent to dev/null  :=(

I just trien the CIS replacement as noted at RedHat manual, but it didn't
work. One computer has 2.2.2a and the other 3.0.0 with obious different
CIs's. Even I changed the CIS's the profiles weren't ok.

My solution: do a local profile (on any W2K computer), copy (manualy) this
to the [netlogon] share as "Default User". Now when ever a new user logs,
the "Default User" profile is downloaded and the user can customize it (if
you allow it). This worked for about 260 users. Change permissions to
Default as need so any can read it.

cu.

romy.

--