[Samba] smbmount hangs with new gigabit NIC

grenoml grenoml at yahoo.com
Wed May 14 19:59:11 GMT 2003

  I just upgraded my RH9 server with a new Linksys EG1032 Gigabit
Ethernet Adapter and now whenever I boot the box the bootup hangs in
the startup script that mounts the SMB shares.  This machine has been
running without any SMB problems under both RH8 and then after upgrade
to RH9 until now.  The version of SAMBA on the machine is
samba-2.2.7-2.  The kernel is  kernel-2.4.20-8.  Is there anyway to
workaround this smbmount hang?

thx,
Gerry Reno