[Samba] Setting up shares with multiple directories

bwlang at langhorst.com bwlang at langhorst.com
Thu May 29 17:15:31 GMT 2003

Quoting Jason Williams <jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com>:

> /home/point
> /home/point/pntdata
> /home/point/pnttempl

> and so forth. There is around 10 total directories like this.
> My question is what would be the best way to set this up in my smb.conf
> file?
> As of now, this is how I have it:

your share looks normal - does this not work for you?

> But, I need to specify the underlying directories.
are your clients not able to see //servername/Point/pntdata?

are you saying that you want //servername/pntdata to be available as well.

if you want each subdirectory to be its own top level share you'll have to
explitly state each one in smb.conf.
that's a nasty setup - be sure before you implement that.

brad