[Samba] Automatic Driver download for Windows 2000 - wrong paper size

Herbert FRIEDL H.Friedl at unido.org
Tue May 20 13:06:36 GMT 2003

Hi Everybody

We are implementing a print server running Samba 2.2.7 with Cups 1.1.7
and mostly Windows 2000 clients.

The automatic cups printer driver download to the client works but i am
struggling with the default paper size.
When the drivers gets loaded on the client it always falls back to the
default paper size letter.

Where would be the place to set this that it automatically sets the
paper to A4 when installed on the client.

I have looked in /data/printers/W32X86/2  and made some changes on the
existing 'printername.ppd' files --> no success.

I have changed the papersize using the Windows explorer on the printer
itself  --> no success

Appreciate any help

Many thanks

Herbert