[Samba] samba sharing violation

IVANYI Ivan ivan.ivanyi at isb-sib.ch
Wed May 14 12:31:26 GMT 2003

Hi,

I'm running Samba 2.2.7a on Solaris 2.6/Sparc.

The problem we've been having for a long time is on a share that is updated
(mostly) by one client using xcopy and read by many clients.

xcopy will send back a 'Sharing Violation' when trying to write to files that
may be open.

In the main config I have:

    security = user
    socket options = TCP_NODELAY
    level2 oplocks = True
    oplock break wait time = 50

[share]
    comment = data
    path = /home/data
    public = yes
    writable = yes
    printable = no
    write list = @Group
    create mask = 0755

on the unix level the files are only writable by the user updating them...

I'd appreciate any ideas. I assume that if I make the share writable by only the
one user should fix this but I wouldn't mind avoiding that.