[Samba] Configuration difficulties with SuSE Rel 8.2, Professional

Mike Blonder imblonder at imbenterprises.com
Tue May 13 21:40:11 GMT 2003

Hi.

I am implementing SAMBA on a Local Area Network comprising 2 MS WIndows
machines (1 running XP Pro, the other MS WIn 98), an Apple G4 Powerbook, and
a Clone running SuSE Linux (rel 8.2) professional.

Swat is up and running and the configuration is fine.  I am attempting to set
up shares, but noted that Dialog Boxes looking for passwords are coming up on
the Windows and Mac when we attempt to connect to the Linux server, despite
the fact that passwords have not yet been set.

Where can I find the default password settings so that I can configure the
clients to mount the shares on the host?

Alternatively, is there a misconfiguration here?

Thanks

Mike