[Samba] Making winbindd and pam_mount play nice together (2nd try)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat May 31 02:12:00 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 14:48, jim feldman wrote:
> We're trying to set up linux based workstations that use a win2k AD/DC for
> authentication, and pam_mount to mount a share as the user's home directory.
> It looks like winbind isn't passing on the credentials (although it is
> getting us logged in).  If anyone has made this work, I'd love the details.
> It looks like winbind isn't passing the auth information

pam_winbind hasn't in the past been the best at passing on/keeping all
the credentials.  It it quite possible that there are issues there.  If
you can show it works for another PAM module, I'll try to see what's
different about it.

I'm also quite interested in the idea that we could pass pam_mount some
of the information we get from the logon request - like the location of
the home directory, if somebody wants to work with me on developing such
features.

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org