[Samba] migrate win2K domain to linux domain

Edward Wissner ewissner at gmlogic.com
Fri May 30 18:01:33 GMT 2003

I currently am administering a win2k native domain spread across a WAN
connected via VPN tunnel.  I would like to migrate the live domain to linux
based domian controllers.  I have one linux file server authenticating with
SAMBA and the w2k domain controls.  The w2k servers are also acting as
DHCP,DNS,WINS,print servers.  There is one server at each location.  What
would be the logical steps to shutting down the w2k servers without
disrupting my users.  Also one w2k server is acting as the VPN server for
remote access.

thanks,
Ed Wissner