AW: [Samba] Samba 2.2.8a :: High CPU usage and Printer

Lars Kirchhoff lkirchhoff at ieb.net
Fri May 30 15:27:44 GMT 2003

No, I don't.. I'm sorry I wasn't that clear in my last mail.

I'm running Samba only as file server. I haven't installed a
printer so far on Samba. The printers are installed on the
Windows 2000 server.

This server is a Domaincontroller, File- and Printerserver.
My problem is that any other pc has normal traffic rates
to the samba server, but the server is very slow.

One statement in the list was that this might be a "printer
port monitor" issue. I don't know what is meant by that and
I would like to know what else could be the reason, why the
windows 2000 server is that slow while accessing the samba
server.

regards
Lars