[Samba] how can i add samba user and samba password to my samba server

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Fri May 30 14:44:36 GMT 2003

This information is right in the smbpasswd man page (in section 8 of the
manual, not section 5 where the file's man page is located; do:
man 8 smbpasswd). For what you want to do, sounds like you need:

"smbpasswd -a <username>" -- this adds a user and changes their password,
but do peruse the man page.

|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  |  | Ryan Novosielski - Jr. UNIX Systems Admin
|$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _|  | novosirj at umdnj.edu - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent. | IST/ACS - NJMS Medical Science Bldg - C630