[Samba] Samba 2.2.8a :: High CPU usage and Printer

Lars Kirchhoff lkirchhoff at ieb.net
Fri May 30 13:44:48 GMT 2003

hello,

several days ago, I posted a message about high cpu usage of
smbd. I am accessing the samba server with a windows 2000
server. One answer was that this could be an printer issue.
So but so far I don't know what i can do, because deinstalling
the printer doesn't solve my problem. I would like to have
a detailed description why the printer might cause this problem
of a high cpu usage on the samba server to track down this
problem.

Did anybody experience the same problem?

Any help is highly appreciated..

best regards
Lars

Institute of Electronic Business e.V.
An-Institut der Universtität der Künste Berlin
Chausseestr. 8,Aufgang E
10115 Berlin
Tel.: 030/ 72 62 983-20
Fax:  030/ 72 62 983-9