[Samba] edirectory and samba

Tori Williamson tori at bsitpa.com
Thu May 29 21:49:53 GMT 2003

Yeah, I can add it in, but there are two issues:

One, I don't know what to add beyond the rid that's might be important,
nor do I know how to add a machine name. I don't have any LDIF examples
to go off of. That would be a fall back for me of sorts if I could.

The bigger issue, is that I was hopping to use the smbldap-passwd.pl
script that SMB access to change the users domain password. That script
works fine, until the presence of sambaAccount in the user entry. Then
it freaks out and updates nothing. Take the sambaAccount objectClass out
of the entry, and all is fine for using the script to change passwords
again.

I just wish I know what the problems with the sambaAccount objectClass
and it particular attributes were. The schema added fine. It's to bad
the error messages aren't more specific to the problem.

Tori