[Samba] Setting up shares with multiple directories

Jason Williams jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com
Thu May 29 16:52:54 GMT 2003

Morning everyone.

Have a quick question on what would be the best way to set up sharing for
my instance.
Our samba server is going to be hosting applications that are used by our
clients everyday. On our Samba server, I have setup the directories like
this: (I should mention, one of our applications will have multiple folders
to hold the corresponding data)

/home/point
/home/point/pntdata
/home/point/pnttempl

and so forth. There is around 10 total directories like this.
My question is what would be the best way to set this up in my smb.conf file?
As of now, this is how I have it:

[Point]
   comment = Point Program
   path = /home/point
   read only = no
   writable = yes
   create mode = 660
   directory mode = 770
   admin users = @domadm
   valid users = @cm

But, I need to specify the underlying directories. Is there a trick to
doing that, or will I have to make each one a share in smb.conf? I was
wondering if it's possible to use wildcards or something similar. Any ideas
or suggestions on how to set that up?

Thank you.

Jason