[Samba] Samba+CUPS+Driver autodownload

Mathias Homann admin at eregion.de
Thu May 29 16:46:50 GMT 2003

Am Donnerstag, 29. Mai 2003 14:39 schrieb Kurt Pfeifle:

>      http://www.linuxprinting.org/kpfeifle/SambaPrintHOWTO/

Why on earth do people keep on insisting that imprints is useful and
functional?

It's been dead since more than a year, has never worked for me, and anybody
I've been mailing about imprints has not even had an active maintainer for
more than a year.

I'm the first to say that the idea _behind_ it is temptingm but without anyone
actively maintining it, and without a reliable, working version out there, it
should not be mentioned as a _solution_.

bye,
	MH

--
Die unaufgeforderte Zusendung einer Werbemail an Privatleute verstößt gegen §1
UWG und 823 I BGB (Beschluß des LG Berlin vom 2.8.1998 Az: 16 O 201/98). Jede

gpg key fingerprint: 5F64 4C92 9B77 DE37 D184  C5F9 B013 44E7 27BD 763C