[Samba] wtmp support

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Thu May 29 16:00:46 GMT 2003

I get trouble from my OS, specifically with the finger command, if I have
wtmp support turned on:

[novosirj at njmsa /opt/src/imap-2002c1]> finger novosirj
finger: error STATing /dev/smb/31

...the IS is HP-UX 11. The reason, of course, is because /dev/smb does not
exist, and neither do any of the files in it. Does anyone know anything
about creating them, or does Samba not expect them to actually be used,
or...?

If anyone is more familiar with the technical aspects of the wtmp support,
your time would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  |  | Ryan Novosielski - Jr. UNIX Systems Admin
|$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _|  | novosirj at umdnj.edu - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent. | IST/ACS - NJMS Medical Science Bldg - C630