[Samba] Slow performance with QuickBooks

Gerald Drouillard gerrylist at drouillard.ca
Thu May 29 14:24:43 GMT 2003

I am not sure which version of Samba you are using, but the first thing
anybody is going to tell you is to upgrade to 2.2.8, if you already haven't.
After that take a look at some of the notes found on our web site at:

http://www.Drouillard.ca/Tips&Tricks/Samba/Oplocks.htm

Also a few things interesting in your config file:
>     socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_SNDBUF=2048
> SO_RCVBUF=2048
It would be surprising if bumping up the BUF's did not increase the speed.
You can find a test program in the above link to help you with that.  What
is the speed of your network and NIC?

Regards
Gerald Drouillard
President