[Samba] WINT-NT is working as PDC and Redhat Linux Samba BDC and how to use rsync?

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Wed May 28 15:49:28 GMT 2003

Yeri,

The dogma to use rsync to replicate the password database is bad karma.
	"It's a bit like your karma runs over your dogma."

MS Windows NT Domain member machines change their password at certain
intervals. If they do so on a local copy of the database nad it gets
over-written by the rsync'd copy then your local workstation trusts get
broken.

A better solution is to use LDAP, and follow the guidelines available from
several sources on how to set up a PDC/BDC using an LDAP backend.

The following reference might help you:

	http://samba.org/~jht/NT4migration/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf

- John T.

--