[Samba] Samba Directory Permissions

Greg Hirsch Greg.Hirsch at logicare.com
Wed May 28 14:00:41 GMT 2003

Slight correction: Write permission doesn't necessarily grant delete permission.  If a user has write permission on a file but not on the dir it resides in, the user can modify the file but can't delete it.  Permissions of 755 on a directory and 777 on specific files inside it will allow everyone to modify those files, but only the directory owner to create or delete them.

-Greg