[Samba] Samba 2.2.8a Install

Kevin Smith ksmith at perfht.com
Wed May 28 13:12:56 GMT 2003

I just downloaded and installed the above tar ball, all went fine, all runs,
hits no errors (./configure, make, make install bin, make install_man).
When it finished, it typed, service smb stop, service smb restart, then
smbclient -L firewall, which still reported 2.2.7a.
So I tried it another way, /etc/rc.d/init.d/smbd stop/start...Smbclient -L
firewall yielded the same version number, ditto after a reboot.
As far as I can tell, the install was fine, but I still can't seem to get
proof that the new version is running. Now the old version is fine, and I
don't really want to make revert and take a chance of messing that up (I
know, but I'm cautious).
Any clue how to get the new version to come up?

Kev